WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair has thanked Tony Khan following this week’s (March 22) edition of AEW Dynamite.
On Wednesday’s show, Flair’s former rival Sting teamed with Darby Allin & Orange Cassidy to defeat Kip Sabian, The Butcher & The Blade in six-man tag action.
Ric Flair has taken to Twitter to indicate that he was impressed by this match.
Praising Sting, and showing appreciation for Tony Khan, Flair said:
@Sting, You Are An American Treasure! At 64, Stealing The Show!!
Thank You @TonyKhan For Treating Him With That Much RESPECT!
There has previously been speculation about Flair potentially joining AEW, with Flair and Khan previously speaking highly of one another.
In October 2022, Flair noted that he wanted to manage Andrade El Idolo, his son-in-law, who is married to Charlotte Flair.
Andrade is currently recovering from a pectoral muscle injury, and hasn’t wrestled since September 2022.
His manager Jose the Assistant recently took to Twitter, sharing a video seemingly teasing Andrade’s return to the company.
Stay up to date with AEW injuries and expected return dates using our tracker right here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing