Vince McMahon’s return to the WWE Board of Directors saw a change at the top of the company, including the resignation of Stephanie McMahon.
Michelle Wilson and George Barrios would return to the company, whilst JoEllen Lyons Dillon, Jeffrey R Speed and Alan M Wexler would all be removed from the Board.
In response to all this, Man Jit Singh – who headed up the Board’s investigation into McMahon – and Ignace Lahoud would resign, with a subsequent report stating that “they did not agree with Mr McMahon’s return at this time.”
On the subject of the boardroom activity, Ric Flair has previously stated that he is “glad” to see Vince McMahon return and has now gone on to express further opinions about the Board of Directors.
Speaking on the To Be The Man Podcast, Flair questioned the appointments in the first place, saying of those who had resigned:
“What does he know about wrestling? That’s my answer.
“What are the two people that got fired know about wrestling? I mean, that just goes on in business everywhere.
“I don’t know, how in the hell people know nothing about wrestling and get a board of directors, except just to be in an appointed position and say yes, or say no.
“Does that make sense? Michelle and George will express their opinion. I know it, I’ve heard it, that’s one of the reasons they probably were gone for a while. Something that someone didn’t want to hear.”
The purpose of a Board of Directors in a publicly traded company is to oversee management and set corporate strategy by making decisions as a fiduciary on behalf of the company and its shareholders, which might suggest why the Board of Directors isn’t full of current or ex-wrestlers but by executives with experience of this aspect of the corporate world.
Transcript from Inside the Ropes.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Bray Wyatt’s Status For Tonight’s SmackDown Revealed
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Naomi Post-WWE New Ring Name Revealed?
- WWE To Bring Back Pay-Per-View Name?
- Dustin Rhodes Opens Up About Cody Rhodes
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight
- AEW Backstage Reaction To CM Punk Instagram Post