Dakota Kai has explained her on-screen appearances as she recovers from a torn ACL injury that she suffered in May 2023.
The Damage CTRL member was recently seen on WWE SmackDown in what was described as a “last minute” addition to the August 11 episode.
The same thing happened at SummerSlam on August 5 which was her first appearance since suffering the injury.
With Kai still months away from being medically cleared for a return, she has addressed her appearances on TV.
Speaking on her Twitch stream, Kai would explain why she’s able to be on screen despite not being medically cleared, saying:
“There’s a misconception with me being on SmackDown. I’m not healed.
“You’ll probably notice that I’m not really involved with anything that requires ‘activity.’ Let’s put it that way.
“I still have just under six months to go before I’m actually cleared.”
She also recently spoke about her appearance at SummerSlam and how she had woke up to see a number of missed calls from WWE and Bayley.
WrestleTalk readers can keep track of all the injured WWE stars and their projected return dates on our tracker.
Transcript from SEScoops.
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- Fans Think They Spotted A CM Punk Tease During WWE Raw
- Backstage News On Change To Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Entrance Music
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Tony Khan Interested In Free Agent Rumored To Join AEW Or WWE
- WWE Removes Edge (AEW’s Adam Copeland) From Another Big Spot
- Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Debut Reaches Impressive Media Numbers