In a recent YouTube list, WWE named their top WWE Championship title changes of the last 10 years, recalling some iconic moments.
In the last 10 years, there have been some monumental WWE title changes. Daniel Bryan overcame all the odds to become World Champion at WrestleMania 30. Brock Lesnar decimated John Cena to become WWE Champion at SummerSlam 2014.
Even Jinder Mahal had his moment in the sun, beating Randy Orton for WWE’s top prize at Backlash 2017. According to WWE, none of these were the single best championship win of the last decade.
In a special edition of WWE Top 10, Kofi Kingston’s WrestleMania 35 victory was crowned top of all recent title changes. Kingston defeated Daniel Bryan for the gold in an emotional moment on The Grandest Stage of Them All in 2019.
Seth Rollins’ “Heist of the Century” at WrestleMania 31 was the runner-up, with Daniel Bryan’s New Orleans celebration coming in at third place.
Here is the list of the 20 most-celebrated title switches:
- Kofi Kingston – WrestleMania 35
- Seth Rollins – WrestleMania 31
- Daniel Bryan – WrestleMania 30
- John Cena – Royal Rumble 2017
- The Rock – Royal Rumble 2013
- Jinder Mahal – Backlash 2017
- Triple H – Royal Rumble 2016
- Brock Lesnar – SmackDown 2019
- Sheamus – Survivor Series 2015
- Drew McIntyre – Raw 2020
- CM Punk – Money In The Bank 2011
- Roman Reigns – Survivor Series 2015
- Bobby Lashley – Raw 2021
- AJ Styles – SmackDown 2017
- Randy Orton – Hell In A Cell 2020
- Daniel Bryan – SmackDown 2018
- Drew McIntyre – WrestleMania 36
- Rey Mysterio – Raw 2011
- Bray Wyatt – Elimination Chamber 2017
- Brock Lesnar – SummerSlam 2014
You can watch the full video here:
At WrestleMania 37, Kingston and Xavier Woods lost the Raw Tag Team Championships to AJ Styles and Omos.
AJ Styles faced The Undertaker in The Deadman’s last match, the year prior. Undertaker has recently discussed the moment in which he realised that he had to retire from pro-wrestling.
Via Inside The Ropes.