NBCUniversal has reportedly changed how WWE Monday Night Raw is categorized, following WWE’s presence at the recent upfront presentations.
WWE has historically separated itself from other wrestling promotions by calling it’s product ‘sports entertainment’. Despite this, WWE has also been known to categorise itself on the entertainment side, with Vince McMahon comparing WWE to a movie production.
Per the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, NBCU, which owns the USA Network, the home of WWE Raw, now categorises the show as a sports division rather than an entertainment program, in an attempt to increase its ad sales and perception.
Prior to this week’s upfronts, WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon described WWE as ‘athletic theater’. You can read more about how WWE views itself right here.
McMahon recently announced her leave of absence, reportedly to the shock of many backstage.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 at this link.
- AEW X NJPW Live Results Forbidden Door
- Kenny Omega Says Fans Will Be ‘Very Happy’ With Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Report: Several ‘Under The Radar’ AEW Agreements Have Expired
- Kenny Omega Confirms Cody Rhodes Will Be In The AEW Video Game
- More AEW Stars Dealing With Injuries?
- Huge Spoiler On Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- New Ring Of Honor Logo Leaked?
- Claudio Castagnoli Makes AEW Debut At Forbidden Door
- Orange Cassidy Set To Debut New Licensed Theme Song
- Nature Of Jungle Boy Injury Revealed