Grayson Waller recently made his in-ring debut on the WWE main roster back on the July 7 episode of SmackDown at Madison Square Garden, where he faced off with WWE Hall of Famer Edge in the main event.
Though Waller came up short in the match, Edge gave him a nod of approval after the match, telling him that he ‘swam’ in the ring with him during his debut.
Speaking to Ariel Helwani on the MMA Hour, Waller was asked if he was happy with his match against Edge, to which he responded:
“Not at all. People backstage were happy, people online thought it was a good match, but for me, I had been out of the ring for eight weeks, even longer, and I hadn’t been able to train at all because of schedule. I just felt I wasn’t at my best. I felt that was Grayson Waller at 60%. I’m not here to be good, I’m here to be great.
“Watching that match back was hard, but now that I’m starting to get back to 100% healthy, I’m going to improve on my performance. If I ever get in there with Edge again, I’m putting him down for good.”
Waller was then asked about the backstage reaction to the match, where he recalled a comment Michael Hayes made to him after the match.
“Michael Hayes told me, ‘It’s all downhill from here.’ [laughs]. He’s not wrong, I had John Cena at O2 Arena the week before. It was such an emotional rollercoaster after and you stress about it so much and think about it so much, and it happens so quickly. It was cool having some of my friends up there saying congratulations. Theone that will stick with me is Michael Hayes saying, ‘it’s all downhill from here.’”
Waller has recently been involved in a back and forth with Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson on social media.
There is reportedly a segment involving Waller and a ‘WWE legend’ being planned for SummerSlam.
transcription via Fightful
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Big E Reacts To WWE Releasing Dolph Ziggler
- Dolph Ziggler Released By WWE
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- Maximum Male Models React To Being Released By WWE
- Released WWE Stars Reveal Backstage Details About Vince McMahon
- AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam Draws Highest Viewership Since February, Highest Demo Rating Since September 2022