WWE President and Chief Revenue Officer Nick Khan recently spoke on the WWE Q2 earnings conference call about how the WWE Network’s move to Peacock has affected their viewing numbers.
Khan noted that the pay-per-view viewerships on the platform have increased from the previous year, with WrestleMania Backlash being up 26% from last year’s show, Hell In A Cell being up 25% and Money In The Bank being up 46% from last year on the standalone WWE Network.
“Four months into the Peacock partnership, we’re seeing the benefits of a streaming partnership with a platform that has broad distribution and continues to grow. Since moving to Peacock, viewership of our pay-per-view events have increased with Backlash up 26%, Hell In a Cell up 25%, and Money In the Bank up 46% from their prior year performance, on what was the stand-alone WWE Network.
Khan continued on, explaining how those numbers are also up considerably from the WWE Network numbers pre-COVID-19. Khan said:
“These viewership numbers are also up considerably from our pre-pandemic WWE Network numbers. As you recall, when we announced the Peacock deal we said one of the key reasons for the partnership was to bring the WWE product to a wider audience than those subscribed to WWE Network. We expect viewership of WWE to increase, particularly as Peacock grows its base of users.”
It was reported yesterday that Peacock will soon launch in the UK and Europe through Sky, although it is not known how this will affect the WWE Network in those countries.
Vince McMahon himself also spoke on the conference call, and gave his thoughts on AEW and how he views them.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?