AEW and ROH star Brian Cage has been the subject of much speculation in recent months, with his current AEW deal reportedly coming to an end.
While there had been reports of AEW attempting to negotiate terms on a new deal, even going as far as to pitch creative ideas to Cage, it seems that Cage’s future may lie away from the company.
Speaking on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer would reveal the latest on Cage’s AEW status.
“Brian Cage apparently is finishing up. That’s what I hear, that he’s finishing up unless they sign him to a new deal. If they do, then he’s not finishing up.
“His deal has expired, but he’s agreed to do business and drop the belts on the way out. If in fact he doesn’t sign.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
Cage has long been linked with a move to WWE, with the company reportedly interested in the 39-year-old.
He even recently took to Twitter to tease that he wanted to face Bobby Lashley at WrestleMania.
Cage’s potential final appearance is set for ROH Supercard of Honor where he and the Gates of Agony will defend their ROH Trios Championship against AR Fox, Blake Christian and Metalik.
We’ll keep you posted if there are any further updates on Cage’s status.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups