WWE Hall Of Famer Bully Ray Says Gunther Should Defeat Cody Rhodes At Clash In Italy: ‘I Want To Take The Hope From Cody Away’

Published: 2 hours ago by Connel Rumsey | Last Updated: 1 hour ago by Connel Rumsey

Connel has over five years of wrestling journalism experience writing about some of the biggest stories from across the wrestling world. Being a fan for 20 years, Connel has an expansive knowledge from a wide range of various wrestling promotions, including WWE, AEW, NJPW, TNA and Joshi.
@connel1405

WWE Hall of Famer Bully Ray says that Gunther should defeat Cody Rhodes for the WWE Championship at Clash In Italy.

Following his victory over Royce Keys on last week’s episode of WWE SmackDown, Gunther officially earned the right to challenge Cody Rhodes for the Undisputed WWE Championship at Clash In Italy in Turin on March 31.

Gunther has now officially moved over to the SmackDown brand following his win, and WWE Hall of Famer Bully Ray has previewed the upcoming match at Clash In Italy.

Bully Ray Wants To ‘Take The Hope’ From Cody Rhodes At Clash In Italy

Speaking on Busted Open Radio, Bully noted that he wants to see Gunther choke out Cody Rhodes and win the WWE Championship at Clash In Italy, as a way to ‘take the hope’ from Cody.

He said:

ADVERTISEMENT

“I want Cody to be in a situation that he’s not used to being in where there is no hope. I want Cody to go to sleep this week on SmackDown, I want Cody to go to sleep next week on SmackDown, and I want Cody to go to sleep in the match in Turin, and I want Gunther to win.

“I want to take the hope from Cody away. I would love to see WWE rely on things that have been working in pro wrestling for hundreds of years, and that is going with some heel heat and steam in which the babyface has no hope, and now we see Cody put in a situation where he might have to question himself.

“I believe he should defeat Cody. Will the loss affect Cody? Absolutely not, because Cody’s fanbase will rally behind him, because Cody’s fanbase has hope in Cody and they believe in Cody and they will will Cody back to his next victory.”

ADVERTISEMENT

If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.

Next Challenger For WWE Championship Following Clash In Italy

With Cody Rhodes set to defend his Undisputed WWE Championship against Gunther at Clash In Italy, there are a number of potential challengers waiting for him following the show.

WWE has yet to follow up on Randy Orton’s attack of Cody following the WrestleMania 42 main event, with Orton reportedly out of action with a back injury.

ADVERTISEMENT

There is also a storyline with Cody Rhodes and Sami Zayn following Sami’s recent heel turn, with the two of them potentially set for a future clash.

To make sure you stay up to date with all the biggest wrestling and WrestleTalk news, follow us on Threads by clicking this link!

Trending

Get the latest wrestling news straight to your inbox

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from WrestleTalk