Despite Alexa Bliss’ last WWE match coming at the Royal Rumble on January 28, a return to the ring was seen as an inevitability with rumours abound that it may happen around WrestleMania 39.
Yet, this ultimately never ended up materialising at all and fast forward to this past Monday (May 29), and Bliss announced that herself and Ryan Cabrera are expecting their first child.
Now, in an interview with The Messenger, Bliss revealed her preparations for an in-ring return, prior to her positive pregnancy test.
“I was preparing for my return in the ring and I was just having really bad cramping.
“I thought that was weird. So then I just decided to take a test and then I think I said, ‘Oh s**t.'”
Bliss revealed that the positive test was not something she and Cabrera planned for, with the shock revelation even coming just days prior to WrestleMania weekend.
This obviously scuppered any return plans Bliss and WWE had, and with herself and Cabrera’s baby due in December 2023, it is unlikely we will see Bliss back inside the squared circle until early 2024.
Bliss’ latest announcement is yet another eventful occurrence in a year that has already had its fair share.
During her four month hiatus from the ring Bliss would both appear on The Masked Singer TV show as well as undergo a procedure for skin cancer, something she would thankfully catch early and recover from.
In the same interview Bliss revealed her current WWE contract status, as well as discussing her timeline for a return following her December due date, to read the full story follow this link here.
Bliss and Cabrera are of course not the only wrestling couple with baby-related news as Carmella and Corey Graves revealed yesterday that they’re having a boy, and Tay Melo and Sammy Guevara announced they’re expecting a child in December as well, so we send our congratulations to everyone.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- Released WWE Stars Reveal Backstage Details About Vince McMahon
- VIDEO: ROH Champion Holds Hilarious Training Session
- Claudio Castagnoli Comments On Bryan Danielson’s Potential ‘Retirement’ Plans
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?