WWE has announced another match that will be added to the card at this year’s Extreme Rules premium live event on October 8 in Philadelphia.
WWE has announced that the Brawling Brutes team of Sheamus, Ridge Holland & Butch will face Imperium’s Gunther, Ludwig Kaiser & Giovanni Vinci in what’s being called a “Good Old Fashioned Donnybrook Match”.
At Extreme Rules, The Brawling Brutes and Imperium will look to rip each other apart in a Six-Man Tag Team Good Old Fashioned Donnybrook Match.
The two dangerous factions have been at each other’s throats for some time. In the wake of the hard-fought Intercontinental Title Match pitting GUNTHER against Sheamus at WWE Clash at the Castle, Imperium stood tall over their tough-as-nails adversaries in a brutal Six-Man Tag Team Match on the Sept. 9 edition of SmackDown.
Ridge Holland & Butch rebounded and overcame three tag teams, including Ludwig Kaiser & Giovanni Vinci, to earn an Undisputed WWE Tag Team Title Match against The Usos.
In the height of the title contest the following week, however, Imperium refused to let their Fatal 4-Way loss go unanswered. In an absolute melee, GUNTHER, Kaiser & Vinci suddenly attacked The Celtic Warrior at ringside and the distraction ultimately cost Ridge Holland & Butch the gold.
Now, just one day after GUNTHER’s title rematch against Sheamus on the Season Premiere of the blue brand Oct. 7, The Brawling Brutes with once again go to war with The Ring General and his ruthless cohorts in a matchup tailer made for their aggressive rivalry, a Six-Man Tag Team Good Old Fashioned Donnybrook Match.
Brace yourself for an absolute free-for-all brawl with numerous weapons at every turn that guarantee a display of all-out mayhem. Embrace the carnage at WWE Extreme Rules on Saturday, Oct. 8, at 8 ET/5 PT, streaming live on Peacock in the United States and on WWE Network everywhere else.
A day before this match at Extreme Rules, Gunther and Sheamus are scheduled to face each other in a rematch for the Intercontinental Title on the “season premiere” of SmackDown.
The first Intercontinental Title match the two had, which took place at Clash At The Castle on September 3, received critical acclaim.
It was only the second main roster WWE match to receive five stars from Dave Meltzer in over 10 years.
This means the card for Extreme Rules so far is now as follows:
- Brawling Brutes vs. Imperium – Good Old Fashioned Donnybrook Match
- Edge vs. Finn Balor – I Quit Match
- Bianca Belair (c) vs. Bayley – Raw Women’s Championship Ladder Match
- Matt Riddle vs. Seth Rollins – Fight Pit
- Drew McIntyre vs. Karrion Kross – Strap Match
- Liv Morgan (c) vs. Ronda Rousey – SmackDown Women’s Championship Extreme Rules Match
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- Tony Khan Announces Newest AEW Signing
- Ric Flair Calls Fellow WWE Hall Of Famer ‘An Arrogant Prick’
- Vince McMahon’s Reaction To WWE Spending $30,000 On Crazy Purchase
- NXT Star Shocks Fans Calling Fellow Star ‘C*nty’
- The Usos Hit Another Insane WWE Milestone
- WWE Hall Of Famer Clarifies Royal Rumble 2023 Tease
- Tony Khan Open To This WWE Hall Of Famer Wrestling For AEW