Just two weeks away from the Royal Rumble, WWE saw its second lowest live attendance for a show since the pandemic started for last night’s Monday Night Raw (not including empty arena shows).
According to Dave Meltzer on the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, around 3,000 paid fans attended the show, an attendance Meltzer described as “brutal”.
“This was the second smallest crowd I believe since the pandemic. They were just over, a little over 3,000 paid. That’s pretty brutal. I think the only one that was lower was the San Francisco one. So yeah, brutal.
“They had less people than AEW had (in) Raleigh for (last) Wednesday and Friday’s show. But WWE – it looked better. They’ll go in there with 4,000 people in a building, and they know how to set it up and everything. It looked fine on television, it wasn’t even dark or anything.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page
Tickets for the Royal Rumble itself have, unsurprisingly, sold a little better than the tickets for Raw, with around 28,000 tickets sold for the show which is being taped at The Dome in St Louis. The Dome has a capacity of around 40,000 for events like wrestling.
You can check out full details on the current Raw roster at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Character Spotlight Gameplay Clips