WWE loves a good celebrity match, if that wasn’t evidenced at WrestleMania 38 this year, when Logan Paul, Johnny Knoxville and Pat McAfee all took part in matches on the show.
There was almost a fight on the football (soccer) pitch today following the huge derby game between Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur, which saw rival managers Thomas Tuchel and Antonio Conte almost get into a fight after the game had finished.
The video of the scene went around on Twitter, which caught the attention of Drew McIntyre, who joked about asking WWE brass to book a grudge match between the two at the upcoming Clash at the Castle show in the United Kingdom.
I’m gonna have to talk to the brass about setting up a showdown between the lads at #WWECastle
McIntyre has himself teased a huge change to his presentation at the event in Cardiff, hinting that he could bring back his old ‘Broken Dreams’ theme song for his match with Roman Reigns.
McIntyre was removed from WWE live events this weekend due to a back injury, which was reportedly just precautionary, and he is still expected to be in action at the show.
— Drew McIntyre (@DMcIntyreWWE) August 14, 2022
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Jon Moxley Addresses CM Punk WWE Return Promo
- CM Punk’s First WWE Feud Confirmed
- WWE Star Returns After Over 10 Months
- Update On Plans For Potential Roman Reigns & CM Punk WWE Feud
- AEW Stars Join New Faction
- CM Punk Hilariously References Seth Rollins Incident Following WWE Return
- WWE Star Reacts To Banned Move Seemingly Being Unbanned
- Details On Departed AEW Star’s ‘Fractured’ Relationship With Tony Khan
- WWE Star Returns With Bizarre New Gimmick
- Cody Rhodes Comments On QT Marshall AEW Departure