A new legal update on Jeff Hardy has emerged, ahead of a scheduled court date in relation to his DUI case.
Hardy was previously ordered via mail to appear for arraignment before Volusia County Court in Florida on August 2.
Per PWInsider, the scheduled arraignment was officially waived on July 27 due to Hardy’s written plea of not guilty filed with the court. The arraignment had been moved to August 2, originally slated for June 5.
Hardy filed a written plea of ‘not guilty’ for his DUI charge on June 28, which you can read about right here.
According to PWInsider, court now lists a pre-trial conference for August 17.
Hardy was arrested in Volusia, Florida on June 13, with his two blood-alcohol tests after his arrest coming in at 3.7 times Florida’s legal limit, per police reports.
After the star’s arrest, AEW stated that the Hardy had been suspended without pay, and would only be given the option to return to TV if he can maintain sobriety.
Ahead of AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door, Tony Khan confirmed that Jeff Hardy was in treatment to address his issues.
We will continue to provide updates on the situation as they become available.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- More On Rumored New WWE Championship Belt
- Hilarious Guess From WWE Week On Wheel Of Fortune [VIDEO]
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- AEW Star Shares Future Plans After Announcing Departure From Company