Lina Fanene (fka Nia Jax) has reflected on her WWE career, opening up about her future in wrestling.
Following Fanene’s WWE release in November 2021, the former Raw Women’s Champion stated that she would never wrestle again.
Fanene’s in-ring return was initially announced for the debut show of Wrestling Entertainment Series, before Fanene pulled out of the event, which was ultimately cancelled.
Speaking on the Wives of Wrestling podcast, Fanene stated that she doesn’t think she will ever return to wrestling full-time, noting:
“I always said I would never wrestle again. I don’t know if I’d ever, I don’t think I’d go back to full-time wrestling because it was, it’s crazy because now they have it different, but it just took a lot.
“It took a toll on me, but I wouldn’t mind going back and doing like a fun little story and, you know, putting somebody over whatever it like, something like that.
“I think, you know, I gave a good amount of time and now I’m like, I prefer to just god willing get married and have kids, you know.”
Fanene last wrestled on the September 20 edition of WWE Raw, losing to Shayna Baszler in singles action.
A number of onscreen names have finished up with WWE since Fanene’s release. Stay up to date with every WWE departure of 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via Sportskeeda Wrestling.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- More On Rumored New WWE Championship Belt
- Hilarious Guess From WWE Week On Wheel Of Fortune [VIDEO]
- AEW Star Shares Future Plans After Announcing Departure From Company