A few weeks ago, former Raw commentator and backstage interviewer Renee Young announced on social media that she had unfortunately tested positive for the Coronavirus.
Young was certainly not the only person within WWE who had tested positive for the virus, with several other backstage staff including Kayla Braxton and Jamie Noble coming forward to announce that they had the disease.
The news seemingly impacted AEW’s plans more than WWE, as Renee Young’s husband Jon Moxley was forced to pull out of his scheduled World Championship match at Fyter Fest with Brian Cage.
Although Moxley had reportedly tested negative for the virus, he and AEW made the right call to have him stay home for the 14-day period after hearing that his wife has tested positive for COVID-19.
In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer is thankfully reporting that both Renee and Moxley are testing negative for the virus, and both should be able to return to their respective companies soon:
“As of early in the week, Renee Young was fully recovered and “felt great,” so she should be returning to work fairly soon. She and Jon Moxley were both going to be tested once more this week and if the test is negative for both, he would be returning on AEW’s 7/15 show against Brian Cage.”
Since the reported COVID-19 outbreak in WWE, a reported 40 people have tested positive for the virus. Thankfully, it has been reported like the company is stepping things up and being far safer with their COVID precautions.
- Fans Think They Spotted A CM Punk Tease During WWE Raw
- Backstage News On Change To Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Entrance Music
- Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa Comment After DIY Reunion On WWE Raw
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Tony Khan Interested In Free Agent Rumored To Join AEW Or WWE
- Update On Another Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW