WWE Raw star Bobby Lashley has stated that the Red Brand needs a World Championship, following the recent ‘unification’ of the WWE and Universal Titles.
Roman Reigns has yet to defend his gold following his Winner Takes All win over Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 38 in April.
Speaking on WWE The Bump, Lashley called out the Tribal Chief, wanting the opportunity to fight for a World Title.
Discussing the current title picture, Lashley said:
“We need a title on RAW. We need that World Title at RAW…Right now, Roman’s on top of this world. I’d like to get on that level. He can look at bringing that title back over to RAW and giving me an opportunity to challenge for that. That’s another really great matchup.”
While WWE refers to Reigns as a singular ‘WWE Universal Champion’, WWE.com still recognises the WWE and Universal Titles as separate championships as of writing.
Following The Usos winning their Raw & SmackDown Tag Team Title unification bout, reports indicated that WWE was quietly ending the brand split. An update has since emerged on WWE’s plans for its rosters moving forward.
Reigns’ next three title challengers have also reportedly been revealed.
Transcription via Sportskeeda Wrestling.
- AEW X NJPW Live Results Forbidden Door
- Kenny Omega Says Fans Will Be ‘Very Happy’ With Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Report: Several ‘Under The Radar’ AEW Agreements Have Expired
- Huge Spoiler On Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- More AEW Stars Dealing With Injuries?
- Kenny Omega Confirms Cody Rhodes Will Be In The AEW Video Game
- New Ring Of Honor Logo Leaked?
- Orange Cassidy Set To Debut New Licensed Theme Song
- Nature Of Jungle Boy Injury Revealed
- Claudio Castagnoli Makes AEW Debut At Forbidden Door