US Congressman Tim Ryan of Ohio decided to leave last night’s State of the Union address early, and then decided to take a shot at pro-wrestling, just because he was feeling mean.
Rep. Tim Ryan: “I just walked out of the #StateOfTheUnion. I’ve had enough. It’s like watching professional wrestling. It’s all fake.”
— NBC News (@NBCNews) February 5, 2020
Unsurprisingly, this got a bit of a reaction from the wrestling community, including several WWE wrestlers.
As a fan of pro wrestling, politics & Congressman Ryan, I see many similarities between the jobs we so passionately do…
such as; it’s only real when we win https://t.co/PdX6uSYgdP
— Nic Nemeth (@HEELZiggler) February 5, 2020
You leave wrestling out of this!!! https://t.co/6YTiADHu4o
— PAIGE (@RealPaigeWWE) February 5, 2020
If this guy thinks political twitter is bad, he obviously hasn’t felt the wrath of Wrestling twitter yet. https://t.co/a5HRh0ZOYJ
— Kamille (@kamillebrick) February 5, 2020
Come to @aiwrestling Friday and see just how fake it is! https://t.co/JurrOuXXe8
— REAL Dean Malenko account (@FilthyTomLawlor) February 5, 2020
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Tony Khan Courting Goldberg For AEW All In?
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing