In its quarterly report issued to the SEC today, WWE commented on the lawsuit filed against the company by Major League Wrestling (MLW).
WWE stated (“The Company” = WWE):
On January 11, 2022, a complaint was filed against the Company by MLW Media LLC (“MLW”), captioned MLW Media LLC v. World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., No. 5:22-cv-00179-EJD (N.D. Cal.) alleging that the Company supposedly interfered with MLW’s contractual relationship with Tubi, a streaming service owned by Fox Corp., and MLW’s prospective economic advantage with respect to its relationship with VICE TV, and supposedly engaged in unfair business practices in violation of the Sherman Antitrust Act and California law.
Such supposedly unfair business practices are alleged to include cutting off competitors’ access to licensing opportunities, interfering with contracts, poaching talent, and eliminating price competition.
On February 13, 2023, the court dismissed all MLW’s claims, allowing MLW leave to amend. On March 6, 2023, MLW filed its first amended complaint. On April 7, 2023, the Company moved to dismiss all claims asserted in the first amended complaint which was denied by the court on June 15, 2023. WWE’s answer to the amended complaint is due on August 14, 2023 and the court has lifted its stay on discovery.
The Company believes that all claims in the lawsuit are without merit and intends to defend itself vigorously against them.
The report also mentioned a search warrant being executed against Vince McMahon just a few days ago, which you can read about at this link.
The full report can be found at this link.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Updated List Of Released WWE Stars
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Elias Breaks Silence After Being Released By WWE
- Update On Mustafa Ali WWE Departure
- Big E Reacts To WWE Releasing Dolph Ziggler
- Valuation Of Upcoming WWE SmackDown USA Network Deal Revealed
- Riddick Moss Comments On WWE Release