There have been a lot of former WWE stars that fans believe have been missed opportunities in the company.
WWE Hall of Famer Road Dogg was previously a lead writer for the SmackDown brand, where he oversaw the brand heading into WrestleMania 34 in 2018.
On the latest episode of his Oh You Didn’t Know podcast, Road Dogg discussed the event, namely the United States Championship four-way match between Randy Orton, Bobby Roode, Jinder Mahal and Rusev.
Discussing Aiden English, who accompanied Rusev to the match, Road Dogg said:
“Great dude. Great body, great wrestler, great voice. Couldn’t pick a nicer guy, and I don’t know. I will say I missed the ball with him.”
Road Dogg would say the same about to other men in the match, those being Rusev and Bobby Roode.
When asked about which of the two he felt was the bigger missed opportunity, he said:
“I think Rusev, [But] I think Bobby Roode is a great hand, Bobby Roode doesn’t get used enough right now.
“I think Rusev and Aiden English, there was something there with Rusev Day, we saw that. We felt it. We set it up … We made Rusev Day from a creative standpoint … but yeah, we dropped the ball with Rusev.”
Rusev is now working for AEW as Miro, with him not appearing on AEW television since September.
transcription via Wrestling Inc.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- SmackDown Star Says He Got Over Without WWE Shoving Him Down Fans’ Throats
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- AEW Star Becoming ‘More Important’ On Creative Team, Recent Contributions Revealed
- Paul Heyman Idea That Vince McMahon Thought Was ‘Terrible’ Revealed