It was announced on WWE 205 Live that former NXT Tag Team Champion Buddy Murphy – real-life fiance of Alexa Bliss – will be joining the cruiserweight division as part of the tournament to crown a new Cruiserweight Champion. Murphy is the final name to be announced in the 16-man tournament, and will face Ariya Daivari next week.
However if rumours are to be believed, Buddy Murphy wasn’t the first choice to join the 205 Live tournament.
Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet and Rovert tweeted before 205 Live aired that the surprise entrant into the Cruiserweight Championship tournament wasn’t Buddy Murphy, but Lio Rush.
Rush debuted in NXT last year but found himself in hot water after making an ill-advised joke about the release of Emma. A lot of wrestlers didn’t take kindly to his comments, and Rush has reportedly been working on rebuilding relationships ever since. However while Satin and Rovert were very sure on their reports for Rush’s 205 Live debut, the fact there was a long video package for Buddy Murphy suggests he was the plan all along. Having said that WWE’s own website confused Murphy with his old tag team partner Wesley Blake – so who knows what’s real anymore!
- Released WWE Star Claims One Person Had ‘Weird Grudge’ Against Him, Vince McMahon’s Departure ‘Killed’ His Career
- Cody Rhodes Next WWE Feud Revealed?
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Released WWE Star Reveals They Requested Their Release
- Former World Champion To Become Free Agent Next Week
- Another Big Sign WWE Thinks Highly Of LA Knight
- Top NXT Star Expected For September 25 WWE Raw
- Matt Riddle Next Move After WWE Release Revealed?
- Real Reason For WWE Star’s Character Change
- Tiffany Stratton Scrapped WWE Main Roster Plans Revealed