All Elite Wrestling star Britt Baker has really come into her own over the last year after a rocky start in AEW. Everyone knew she had potential but something wasn’t clicking. That was until she turned heel.
Now, Baker is off and running. She has had some trouble with injuries keeping her out of the ring but otherwise, she has greatly improved in her new role. However, she recently asked by Sunday Night’s Main Event about why her babyface run didn’t work where she jokingly blamed Jim Ross. Here is the quote, courtesy of Fightful:
“I think because I’m probably not a babyface deep down [laughs]. It was just a lot of demons at once and being a dentist and professional wrestler is super inspiring and I have two Plan A careers, but not everybody has that so not everybody wants to hear that every second of the day. I blame [Jim Ross]. With full-blown respect, he really screwed me because he said on every single friggin’ episode of Dynamite that I was a dentist 100 times to the point that it wasn’t cool anymore. It certainly wasn’t my fault, so it’s got to be JR’s.”
Part of why Britt Baker was able to find herself as a heel was her interaction with Tony Schiavone. The two had tremendous chemistry and their skits together helped establish Baker as a top heel in the women’s division.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WrestleMania 39 Status
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence
- CM Punk Comments On Rey Mysterio & Dominik WrestleMania Feud
- Celebrity Training For WWE In-Ring Return
- WWE Name Criticizes ‘Childish’ CM Punk Instagram Post
- AEW Star Says Cody Rhodes’ WWE Push Made Them ‘Reevalutate’ Future
- Roman Reigns To Hit Huge Milestone Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- KSI Addresses Possibility Of A WWE Future