WWE
Newly discovered text messages have revealed frustrations from Triple H regarding Vince McMahon’s involvement with WWE a few years ago.
There’s an ongoing lawsuit in which shareholders have accused WWE and Endeavor of an unfair sale/merger, essentially claiming the whole process had been rigged from early for Endeavor to win, meaning it may not have been the best possible outcome for shareholders as it should have been.
As part of this lawsuit, new text messages have emerged, first reported by POST Wrestling, that show Triple H (Paul Levesque) was concerned about Vince McMahon getting involved in WWE and its creative.
There had been a period of time in 2022 during which McMahon was said to have stepped away from creative, but he soon started getting involved again, which is something that HHH seemingly had some issues with as shown in some of the messages.
In February 2023, messages show Vince McMahon discussing the creative direction of Roman Reigns vs Cody Rhodes at WrestleMania 39, where reports have suggested McMahon pushed for Reigns to win that match leading to a rematch at Mania 40 where Rhodes would get his win, which is ultimately what happened.
The exchange shows that Khan wanted to move the conversation over to the Signal platform, where messages are end to end encrypted and automatically deleted.

In March 2023, WWE President Nick Khan said publicly that McMahon wasn’t becoming more involved in creative. The next month, McMahon was on CNBC alongside Endeavor and TKO CEO Ari Emanuel, with McMahon saying he wouldn’t be “in the weeds” with creative anymore, which reports at the time and in the months that followed suggested wasn’t entirely true.
Messages from September 11, 2023 – the day before the merger was made official – seem to show that Triple H was nervous about the whole merger and what would come of it. In a message to WWE President Nick Khan, HHH stated, “DDay tomorrow, expecting the worst.”
Khan’s replies were deleted. Khan’s deleted replies are one of the main reasons these texts are being used as evidence in the lawsuit case, as plaintiffs claim destruction of evidence.
Khan has claimed he doesn’t remember the content of any of the deleted messages in this report.

Later the same day, Levesque messaged Khan that McMahon (VKM) wanted a meeting the following day regarding talent releases that would coincide with corporate releases.
Among these messages, Levesque stated he was “anxious for tomorrow and beyond…”

On the morning of September 12 – the morning before the merger was made official – Levesque sent a message of thanks to Khan, saying, “If it wasn’t for you, I would have been gone a long time ago.”
Khan replied that he wanted to run WWE alongside Triple H for 20 years.

Just a few minutes later, Levesque notified Khan that McMahon wanted an in-person meeting regarding “Talent Policies.” Khan’s reply was deleted.

In October 2023, Sports Illustrated reported that Levesque was placed firmly in control of WWE creative by Endeavor/TKO, with McMahon instead leading on the negotiations of new rights deals.
However, texts from December 2023 show McMahon seemingly trying to get involved with creative again and traveling to a Raw show in Cleveland.
Levesque asked Khan two days before that Raw show, “What’s that about????????” Khan’s replies were deleted.

The next day, referring to a conversation with Emanuel, Levesque noted that he was “kinda disappointed” in how it went, indicating that Emanuel wasn’t being forceful enough in telling McMahon to stay out of creative.
Again, Khan’s responses were deleted.

An hour later, Triple H showed further frustrations, claiming that Emanuel’s stance towards McMahon was back to the, “‘If he wants to go to the show now and then’ and ‘if he gives notes and wants to have a 30min meeting now and then, ok.'”
He also noted that McMahon had emailed Emanuel regarding a script. Khan stated the situation, “Seems off.”

A few hours later, Levesque sent a message to Khan voicing concern that McMahon would be on the same flight to Raw as CM Punk. There’s no reply visible in the report.

A month after this is when the Janel Grant lawsuit against Vince McMahon and WWE came out in January 2024, which, to the best of public knowledge as of now, led to McMahon legitimately being out of any involvement with WWE from that point onwards.
To make sure you stay up to date with all the biggest wrestling and WrestleTalk news, follow us on Threads by clicking this link!
Trending
- Brock Lesnar Returns On WWE Raw, Attacks Oba Femi
- Roman Reigns Vs. Jacob Fatu ‘Tribal Combat’ Match Confirmed For WWE Clash In Italy 2026
- Triple H Gave Nikki Bella The Option To ‘Say No’ To Paige Replacing Her At WWE WrestleMania 42
- Aleister Black Reflects On WWE WrestleMania Debut: ‘That’s Something That Will Live Forever’
- Santino Marella Says WWE Return At Clash In Italy Would Be A ‘Full Circle Moment’
- WWE Hall Of Famer Sting’s Son Garrett Borden Wins Debut Wrestling Match, Hits Stinger Splash
- Brie Bella Says CM Punk Said ‘Some Really Cool Stuff’ To Nikki Bella Right Before Their WWE WrestleMania 42 Entrance
- WWE ID Champion Chazz ‘Starboy’ Hall To Challenge For Mustafa Ali’s TNA Wrestling International Championship On iMPACT
- WWE’s Bayley Teases TNA Slammiversary 2026 Appearance, Tells Indi Hartwell She Thinks She Can Fit Her In Her Schedule
- Zoey Stark To Use ‘Zoey Serrano’ As New Ring Name After WWE Release: ‘To Me This Is Just The Beginning, This Is A Fresh Start’
