Are All Elite Wrestling pay-per-views going to soon see a huge change in structure? According to one AEW star, they will!
Dustin Rhodes spoke at Terrificon (panel footage via Fandom Spotlite) where he discussed AEW pay-per-views and even dropped a bold prediction that he claims to have “heard down the pike”.
Rhodes said in relationship to whether or not AEW would be heading to the UK anytime soon:
“Our television in the UK is doing well. Tony’s soccer team is right there and he wants to run Craven Cottage, probably 40-50,000 people. I guarantee it would sell it out. Will we sell out United States stadiums? It’s growth. It takes time to make these things happen. It’s not going to happen overnight, but we will get there.
“Hopefully, someday, like Chicago, the United Center, we smack it out and it’s 19,000 people. If we did go to a stadium show, I hope that we would do well for a Double or Nothing or All Out, do I know if it’s going to sell out? I have no idea. I would hope so, but we don’t need to do those all the time. You have these arenas that are just fine.
“I think we’re going to go to two-day events now, for pay-per-views. I believe. I’ve heard that down the pike. It’ll be like a WrestleMania experience, you have two days of Double or Nothing or two-days of All Out or Revolution.”
The idea may not be too far off as Tony Khan as commented previously that he is open to doing two-day events as well as recent renewed discussion around perhaps when we might see the change.
AEW is scheduled to host their next major pay-per-view, All Out, on September 4, 2022 in Chicago.
You can check out all the details from the event by clicking here.
Transcription via Fightful
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- WWE Raw Star Moved Back To NXT, Reforms Tag Team
- Update On Whether Jungle Boy Has Officially Undergone Name Change
- The Incredible Story Of Deaf WWE NXT Wrestler Myles Borne
- Thunder Rosa Comments On Saraya’s AEW Debut
- Buddy Matthews ‘May Be Done’ With AEW
- The Hilarious Reason Teddy Long Is Trending On Twitter
- WWE Raw Star Explains What Triple H Tells WWE Stars Before They Go Out
- Bullet Club Member Betrays Jay White & Turns Face At NJPW Burning Spirit
- WWE Hall Of Famer Recalls Batista Being Difficult To Work With
- Brock Lesnar Has Shaved Off His Beard (Photo)