Former NXT star Troy ‘Two Dimes’ Donovan (Cole Karter) was released from the company two weeks ago due to failing a drugs test.
Despite being released, Donovan appeared on the next two weeks of NXT television, due to the shows being taped prior to his release from the company.
Tonight (June 28) was the first live NXT since his release, so WWE were tasked with explaining his sudden absence after he was heavily featured on the show in the past few weeks.
Tony D’Angelo and Channing ‘Stacks’ Lorenzo shot a vignette by a bridge, with D’Angelo holding the watch and jacket that he gave Two Dimes, with the implication being that D’Angelo and Lorenzo whacked him by tossing him off the bridge.
Donovan caught wind of the segment, and hilariously reacted to his write-off, while also giving an explanation should he ever return to the company.
I’m a good swimmer jokes on y’all
For a list of all WWE stars released in 2022 so far, click here.
Update: He has since deleted the tweet
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Professional Wrestling Term Added To Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- WWE Star ‘Miraculously’ Recovers From Injury
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- Update On Top AEW Name’s Contract Talks With Tony Khan
- AEW’s Bryan Danielson Unsure If He’ll Complete Big Career Goal
- Tiffany Stratton Reveals Why WWE Won’t Allow Her To Use ‘Barbie’ Nickname