A look at whether Vince McMahon could enter the 2023 Royal Rumble, as well as what future Roman Reigns plans could look like.
The Royal Rumble’s just a couple of days away, so let’s take a look…
Could Vince McMahon Enter The 2023 Royal Rumble?
Yeah. He could. He can do what he wants, we’ve established that much.
If he wakes up and thinks to himself, “Well Goddammit pal, time to prove once again that anything can happen in the World Wrestling Federation” – I don’t think anyone’s gonna stop him.
WILL he, though? Well, if his McMahon is to be believed – which, at this point, is debatable-at-best – Paul Levesque (Triple H) is in charge of Creative, so theoretically a return would have to be approved by Levesque.
WWE CEO Nick Khan confirmed that in his recent appearance on the Bill Simmons podcast. When he was asked if there’s an imminent Vince TV return planned, Khan replied:
“Not at this moment. No is the answer to that question. Could it change in a few months? Sure, it could change. But that would be Paul and Vince being on the same page about it. I don’t see it right now.”
However, as I just mentioned, we’ve established that Vince, as majority owner and Executive Chairman, can do whatever he wants.
With Cody Rhodes pre-announced and seemingly no Rock, the idea of that HUGE return we may have gotten this year might have dissipated.
That’s where…. NO CHANCE, NO CHANCE IN HELL! steps in and saves the day.
But god I hope not. Please just leave us alone PAL.
Future Roman Reigns Plans
Could Vince McMahon win the Royal Rumble and go on to face Roman Reigns at WrestleMani….. okay let’s calm down.
Seriously through, Roman Reigns’ WrestleMania plans are still not clear.
With The Rock seemingly ruled out, the three options right now seem to be:
- Cody Rhodes, who has not interacted with Reigns at all since his WWE return just under a year ago, but whose entire return has been built around pursuing the WWE Championship, which Reigns currently has
- Sami Zayn, who has been tied to Reigns for months and is just getting more and more popular every single day, and at this point would get a MAJOR positive reaction if he managed to dethrone Reigns
- Steve Austin, who… well… is Steve Austin. Fightful and Dave Meltzer have both reported that Austin had been offered a WrestleMania match with Reigns so… it’s come out of nowhere, but this could happen
So that’s still a huge question mark and we’ll more than likely get our answer at Royal Rumble, but actually, it’s even more interesting to think about what could happen to Reigns AFTER WrestleMania.
If it’s either Rhodes or Zayn, you’d imagine Reigns will lose the title, and where does he go from there? That’s been his whole thing for two-and-a-half years now.
It’s completely bizarre to think about him not being champion. Maybe he’d just become a full-on part-timer like Brock Lesnar who only pops in for one-off matches at the major shows.
But then again, if it’s Austin, Reigns is surely gonna retain, and then what? It’s been great, but I’m not sure we need another several months of it. It really feels like WrestleMania is the time.
The change has to happen at a big show, so that’s WrestleMania or SummerSlam. Reigns retaining against Austin at Mania and then being beaten by Cody at SummerSlam maybe? But again, that seems like dragging it out for no reason.
Yes, obviously Reigns vs Austin is a MEGA match, but Reigns vs Cody is a MEGA match too. I don’t think there’d be that much benefit to saying “Austin is SUCH a bigger star than Cody so we have to do Austin vs Reigns at Mania instead of Cody vs Reigns and prolong Reigns’ title reign for another several months just for Cody to beat him anyway”.
I don’t think the difference is that significant. At this point, let’s just get it over with. Reigns can take a break for a while, and probably do a rematch at SummerSlam with whoever beats him.
Or maybe Reigns will just lose the title to Vince because ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION PAL.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- WWE NXT Spoilers For Tuesday March 28
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?