An AEW star suffered an injury on this week’s Dynamite (July 5) just two weeks shy of his planned involvement in this year’s Blood & Guts match on July 19.
The injury in question came during this week’s Dynamite main event between Kenny Omega and Wheeler Yuta, with Yuta reportedly coming out of the match with a hamstring tear according to Dave Meltzer’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
Thankfully for Yuta and his Blackpool Combat Club teammates, the current belief is that the issue is not a ‘full’ tear, so the hope is that he can still compete in Blood & Guts.
Wheeler Yuta suffered a hamstring injury in the match with Omega on 7/5. Right now the belief is that it’s not a full tear and that he will be able to return on 7/19 for Blood & Guts in Boston
The BCC already lost out on Bryan Danielson’s involvement in Blood & Guts due to a broken arm suffered at Forbidden Door 2023 against Kazuchika Okada.
As well as the BCC, The Elite are also left with a spare space in their team for the match.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy