Jim Ross’ AEW contract is due to expire shortly and a date has now been given for when the veteran commentator’s deal is reportedly up.
Ross has previously spoken on his remaining time in AEW and also recently said that he doesn’t plan to retire any time soon.
Having been absent from television since the June 17 debut of AEW Collision, Ross had suffered a health scare and has provided updates on his recovery.
He made his return to the commentary table for the main event of the August 5 episode of AEW Collision.
Dave Meltzer has now addressed Ross’ return and provided details on his contract coming up later this year in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, writing:
Jim Ross returned on the 8/5 Collision. He only came out to do the main event of C.M. Punk vs. Ricky Starks.
It was not announced ahead of time he’d be there, nor mentioned during the show until his music played.
He’d previously said and told us he was targeting London as a hoped for date for his return but beat that by three weeks.
His contract expires in September.
Ross has recently discussed conversations that he’d had with Tony Khan for his return to the commentary team, focusing on AEW Collision.
In July 2023, Ross spoke about his return plans saying that AEW All In at Wembley Stadium was his goal.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Big Change To WWE Fastlane Match Confirmed?
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Rare Roman Reigns Match Added To Upcoming WWE Show
- Several In WWE ‘Unhappy’ With Recent Release
- Update On WWE ‘Breach Of Contract’ Case
- WWE Star Using IMPACT Wrestler’s Entrance Music
- Spoilers For AEW Championship Matches Ahead Of WrestleDream
- Major Update On Edge WWE Status Amid Departure Rumours