CM Punk may have sent an olive branch to Hangman Adam Page over the inflammatory promo at AEW Collision on August 12.
In footage shared after the episode, Punk described Page as “a peg warmer” and would describe himself as someone “who moves merchandise, pops ratings, and sells toys”.
In a follow-up report, it was noted that CM Punk “felt bad” and his comments didn’t come across how he’d have liked them to.
Bryan Alvarez provided further details on the relationship with Punk and Page following the promo on Wrestling Observer Radio.
According to Alvarez, a text message has been sent and this was confirmed by both parties. He said:
“What I can say is he did in fact send a text message to Hangman Page apologizing for the promo on Saturday.
“That is from both sides, that did happen, he did apologize to him via text message.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
Tony Khan avoided answering a question about the situation between Punk and Page, choosing to focus on how people are talking about “what’s happening in AEW in and out of the ring”.
Page reportedly arrived in Greensboro on Saturday to film a pre-taped interview for Dynamite, but was told he’d have to do it away from the Collision venue rather than going to the show itself.
After the incident, news of other situations involving Punk emerged, including several names who have seemingly been ‘banned’ from AEW Collision – for the latest updates, click here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release
- AEW’s Saraya Says Ring Gear Collection Has Gone Missing
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE