AEW
Adam Copeland says AEW will likely add additional time to his AEW contract following several absences since joining the company.
Debuting with All Elite Wrestling at WrestleDream in October 2023, Adam Copeland has enjoyed a successful spell in AEW – winning the TNT Championship twice, challenging for the AEW World Title on several occasions and now, in pursuit of the AEW World Tag Team Championships with life-long best friend Christian Cage.
Ahead of this Sunday’s AEW Double or Nothing pay-per-view, where he and Cage challenge FTR in an I Quit Match for the AEW World Tag Team Titles, “The Rated R Superstar” has shared an update on his future in the company.
Speaking with Clutch Points, Copeland addressed his AEW contract status, with the WWE Hall of Famer saying that additional time will likely be added to his deal due to injury and his acting roles in Disney’s Percy Jackson & The Olympians and the upcoming ‘The Beekeeper 2’ movie.
Copeland said:
“I broke my leg, so there’s injury time added, and I had to go film Beekeeper (2) and Percy Jackson, so (that’s) added.
“Anytime I have to take a break, that gets added on the back end… I’m not even sure when it’s up.”
Copeland has previously gone on record that his existing deal would be his last as an active wrestler, with his plan being to retire from the ring at the age of 53.
The former Edge will turn 53 in October, three years on from when her first debuted in the company.
“The Rated R Superstar” Laid Back About Future Pro Wrestling Sendoff
While it remains to be seen exactly when Copeland will be finishing up with his in-ring career, he doesn’t have a specific vision regarding how exactly he’ll say goodbye to the ring.
Having already retired from wrestling once, unwillingly due to a serious neck injuries in 2011, Cope said he doesn’t care if her gets a big sendoff this time around:
“I don’t care if I get this big, tearful sendoff… I have no preconceived idea of what it needs to be.”
Possible Final AEW Opponents For Adam Copeland
When Adam Copeland and WWE parted ways in September 2023 the former 11-time world champion wrapped up his 25-year tenure with a first-time one-on-one bout with Sheamus.
With Copeland still having plenty of first-ever matches left on the table in AEW, it’ll be interesting to see who Tony Khan decides to put the Ontario native up against.
Christian Cage is obviously the most poetic option given the pair’s history together, however, AEW have already done that feud and given that they are now teaming once again, it seems somewhat unlikely creative goes that route again.
Much more appealing is a match with a younger talent, someone that Copeland can give the rub to on his way out the door.
Will Ospreay has had plenty of kind things to say about Cope since he joined the company, with the English star revealing how the veteran gave him advice during his new injury recovery.
Elsewhere there are stars like MJF or Kyle Fletcher, neither of whom have faced Cope yet, or even current TNT Champion Kevin Knight, who appears set for big things in the company for years to come.
To make sure you stay up to date with all the biggest wrestling and WrestleTalk news, follow us on Threads by clicking this link!
Trending
- Triple H Removed From Internal WWE Active Talent List
- Asuka WWE Appearances To Be ‘Rare’ Going Forward, ‘It Was A Personal Matter – I Reached Out To WWE & We Talked It Through’
- WWE AAA Cancels ‘Serenata For El Grande Americano’ Event After Ludwig Kaiser Arrest
- WWE AAA Announces ‘Serenata For El Grande Americano’ Event Will Now Take Place May 22 After Cancelation Due To Ludwig Kaiser Arrest
- WWE’s Danhausen Signs With Adventure Media, Will Focus On Growing His IP In Film, TV & More
- John Cena Addresses Fans Not Liking His WWE Heel Turn & Tapping Out In His Final Match, ‘I Always Enjoy A Creative Challenge, I’m Not Afraid To Take Those Risks’
- Sol Ruca Reveals Triple H Phone Call After Botched Sol Snatcher To Becky Lynch On WWE Raw: ‘Don’t Worry About It, Don’t Go On Social Media’
- Sol Ruca Didn’t Expect To Get A Pop When Making Main Roster Debut, Praises WWE For Integrating NXT Stars Onto Raw & SmackDown Ahead Of Being Called Up
- ‘He Cannot Get Complacent, He Cannot Start Believing The Hype’ – Booker T Sends Message To Trick Williams Amid WWE Main Roster Success
- ‘I Hadn’t Auditioned, I Hadn’t Applied For Anything’ – Jackie Redmond Thought She Was Getting Pranked When Michael Cole Called Her With WWE Job Offer
