CM Punk has called his recent AEW match against Dax Harwood the most perfect match he’s probably ever had.
Punk defeated Harwood on the March 23 edition of AEW Dynamite. While this match is notable as the bout after which Punk made his intentions to challenge for the AEW World Title clear, it is meaningful for Punk for a different reason.
Speaking with ESPN’s Marc Raimondi, Punk noted that he’s now trying to replicate how he felt in the immediate aftermath of that bout.
Per Raimondi, Punk said:
“That’s the dragon I’m now chasing. I’m trying to replicate that feeling I had after that match. I never, ever say this, but to me that was the most perfect match I’ve probably ever had.”
Punk has a lot of respect for Harwood, recently naming him his wrestler of the year so far.
At Double or Nothing on Sunday, Punk will challenge for Hangman Page’s AEW World Championship. You can view the updated card for the event right here.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records using our tracker at this link.
CM Punk told me his match with Dax Harwood has been his favorite in AEW.
Punk: "That’s the dragon I’m now chasing. I’m trying to replicate that feeling I had after that match. I never, ever say this, but to me that was the most perfect match I’ve probably ever had.” #AEWDynamite
— Marc Raimondi (@marcraimondi) May 26, 2022
- AEW X NJPW Live Results Forbidden Door
- Kenny Omega Says Fans Will Be ‘Very Happy’ With Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Report: Several ‘Under The Radar’ AEW Agreements Have Expired
- Kenny Omega Confirms Cody Rhodes Will Be In The AEW Video Game
- More AEW Stars Dealing With Injuries?
- Huge Spoiler On Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- New Ring Of Honor Logo Leaked?
- Claudio Castagnoli Makes AEW Debut At Forbidden Door
- Orange Cassidy Set To Debut New Licensed Theme Song
- Nature Of Jungle Boy Injury Revealed