An update has been provided on the WWE and UFC Endeavor merger completion date.
Following this year’s WrestleMania 39, the long anticipated announcement was made with Endeavor coming to an agreement with WWE to merge the company with the UFC to become global sports entity.
At the time of the announcement, it was revealed that the completion of the merger wouldn’t be done until later in 2023.
Per an Endeavor press release today (via Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics), the transaction to combine WWE and UFC within TKO Group Holdings, Inc. is expected to close in mid-to-late September 2023.
As previously reported, Vince McMahon’s presence in WWE creative is “likely to grow” ahead of the Endeavor deal.
It was previously revealed that Vince McMahon’s role as WWE Executive Chairman was built into the revised offer from Endeavor to WWE during negotiations.
WrestleTalk will provide further updates on the WWE and UFC Endeavor merger when they become available.
From Endeavor's earnings release:
— Brandon Thurston (@BrandonThurston) August 8, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed
- WWE SmackDown Star Returns To TV