An update has reportedly emerged on Vince McMahon’s mood backstage at the June 17 SmackDown taping.
Earlier that day, Vince McMahon stepped away from his positions as WWE CEO and Chairman following ‘hush pact’ allegations that you can read details on at this link.
McMahon made a brief appearance during the SmackDown live broadcast, reciting WWE’s ‘Then, Now, Forever, Together’ tagline.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), a WWE employee has stated that when McMahon returned to the Gorilla position after his appearance, he shouted ‘f**k em!’ seemingly in response to the allegations.
The employee contacted Fightful after more allegations against McMahon surfaced earlier today (July 8). A new report from the Wall Street Journal has indicated that Vince McMahon has paid over $12 million in “hush money” over the past 16 years to “suppress allegations of sexual misconduct and infidelity”, including a $7.5 million payment to a former WWE wrestler. Click here to see the full report.
All further updates and follow-ups on this story can be found at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- Major WWE Championship Match Announced For SmackDown In London